Saturday, October 17, 2009

What I love about fall...


I have decided this fall that I am obsessed with going to pumpkin patches. This is the third time I have been to one in the past two weeks and, well, I have enjoyed each time. In fact yesterday I went to one (forgot my camera, of course) that took me an entire hour to get to. Didn't mind the drive, though, there was a pumpkin patch at the end. Here are a few pictures to show you why I like them so much. It always has more to do with the look on the faces of my two favorite little people.


Tyler was determined to be the wagon puller "all by myself!", despite the very muddy, very deeply rutted ground. Tough job for a four-year old, but for a stubborn four-year old, it was the only way. He also enjoyed getting to clip his own pumpking from the vine this year. Little scary for Mom. No big deal for such a big kid. Cute kid. But then again, he's mine so I'm a bit partial. : ) Cute couple.
I love this little girl.














Found my pumpkin!

Uncle Brett came to stay for the weekend and was lucky enough to join us on our little family outing. He fit right in. Family is great.

My little animals, checking out other little animals. : )














Corrinne was hugging and kissing this dog. So cute.
Playing in the corn box. A lot less messy than our sand box at home. Kind of wishing we had invested in a couple bushels of corn instead of a couple hundred pounds of sand. Live and learn.

Happy Fall!

3 comments:

Catherine said...

Wow! More BLog updates! Kara, I think my "don't be a hater" comment stirred up something inside of you?! You go girl!

I also LOVE pumpkin patches. There's something magical about going there with your own kids. It just takes me back to my own childhood and, like you said, to watch their little faces!! It's so enjoyable.

Only bad thing is . . . pumpkin patches are hard to find in Texas. And the ONE that is semi-reasonably close costs $11 PER PERSON, that's right, I said -per person- to get in. Can you believe that???!!!!!!

I also can't believe that you already had your first "snow play" day. Wow. That's crazy talk. Looks like fun though. Ă…gain, we miss those days - being down here in Texas. So enjoy them for us!!!

Lovely Lisa said...

I said this before, but I loooove those pictures. And they totally make me think of "The Great Pumpkin." :)

Bobbi said...

Kara! I'm so happy to know you're a blogger. I'm excited to have another blog to follow. You have such a beautiful, fun family. Please stay in Jeff. forever!!!