Thursday, February 5, 2009

Let the job hunt...Begin!

Hopefully a couple months from now, the title of my blog will be, "The hunt is over". For now, we are in the midst of picking the perfect job. That starts with our very first out of state trip for a dental job interview...Duhn, duhn, daaa...(That was my suspense music if you were wondering.) So, Matt and I are headed to Auburn, Maine.. Yes, Maine... for a job interview. We decided today to just do it. The tickets were cheap, the opportunity has been made to sound pretty nice, and the town has a Wal-Mart, so I think I can survive. : ) We will be leaving at the end of the month for a quick weekend trip to see if it shapes up to be everything the recruiter says it is. We are still a little skeptical since the recruiter does have some financial motives for getting Matt out there. But, I figured what the heck. It will be a little adventure, and if nothing else it will teach us something we didn't already know about the dental job hunting process. So, if you know anything about Auburn/Lewiston, Maine (pictured above) I'd love to hear from you. If not, wish us luck and we'll let you know how things go in a few weeks after the trip is over.

1 comment:

Catherine said...

Wow! Maine!! I hear it's pretty up there. AND COLD. But pretty. Definitely different from Texas. (boo)

Be sure to update on how it went with the interview. EXCITING!!!!